CBD gummies are becoming increasingly popular due to the many positive effects that people experience when taking them. They can make you feel calmer and more relaxed and can help you to get a better night’s sleep.
So, after taking them, how long do CBD gummies last?
In this guide, we’ll answer this question. We’ll also examine how long it takes to feel the effects of gummies, how to get the best results from them, and much more.
Let’s get started!
- Generally, the effects of CBD gummies last for between 3 to 6 hours.
- Most people start to feel the effects of CBD gummies around 30 to 60 minutes after taking them.
- After taking CBD gummies, there may be detectable amounts of CBD in your system for 3 to 4 weeks.
- You may have to experiment with CBD gummies for a while to find the right dosage for you.
- Negative side effects are rare. The most common ones include dry mouth and drowsiness.
Exactly How Long Do CBD Gummies Last?
There is no concrete answer to exactly how long your CBD gummies will last once you’ve taken them. There are several different factors that affect this, such as your body weight, the type of gummies you take, and your metabolism.
Generally, if you take decent-quality CBD edibles, you’ll feel the positive benefits for between 3 to 6 hours. If you’re using very high-quality CBD products then you can expect the effects of your gummies to last for around 8 hours.
However, metabolism is one of the factors that affects this the most. If you have a fast metabolism, your body will process CBD quickly, and you’ll feel the effects shortly after you consume CBD gummies. Due to your fast metabolism, the effects will also not last for as long as they would for someone with a slower metabolism.
How Long Do CBD Gummies Take To Start Working?
Again, there is no definitive answer to how long CBD gummies take to start working. This varies from person to person, and from product to product.
CBD gummies are made by infusing regular gummies with CBD oil. CBD oil stimulates endocannabinoid reactions in the brain which is why it has positive effects.
So, how quickly you start to feel the effects of your gummies depends on the amount of CBD oil in them and your own physical reaction to it. It will also usually take you less time to feel the effects of CBD oil gummies if you take them on an empty stomach.
Remember, CBD isn’t a psychoactive chemical like THC is, so you won’t feel ‘high’ after taking it. You should hopefully feel more relaxed and less anxious.
On average, most people start to feel the effects of a CBD gummy between 30 to 60 minutes after they take one. The body processes CBD edibles slower than other forms of CBD, such as oil drops.
How Long Will CBD Last In My System?
Once the effects of CBD gummies have worn off, you may think that your system is now clear of CBD altogether. This isn’t the case. Once you’ve taken a CBD edible, there will be traceable amounts in your system for around 3 to 4 weeks.
As with all other aspects of taking CBD gummies, this depends on various factors such as metabolism, body weight, and lifestyle.
If you’ve been taking gummies regularly, then it will usually take longer for your system to be free of CBD once you stop taking them. This is because there will have been a higher rate of CBD absorption and build-up within your body.
If you’re wondering whether this would be a problem during a drug test, don’t worry. Hemp-derived CBD with less than 0.3% THC is not an illegal substance in the US. If you have a mandatory drug test at work, you’ll be tested for other illegal substances, not CBD.
When Should I Take My CBD Gummies?
The best time to take your CBD gummies depends on what you’re using them for. If your doctor has prescribed them to you, then follow your doctor’s recommendations. If you bought them yourself, then follow the instructions on the label.
Here are some tips for taking CBD gummies for specific reasons:
- Taking a CBD gummy to aid with sleep: Take a CBD gummy about 60 minutes before you go to bed. This should be enough time for you to start feeling relaxed before you get into bed.
- Taking CBD gummies for anxiety: Take one CBD gummy in the morning and one at dinnertime. Remember, this is just a general recommendation. You may have to experiment with different schedules to find the one that works best for you.
- Taking CBD gummies with other medications: Always seek the advice of a doctor before you take CBD edibles with any other medications. There are certain medications that shouldn’t be mixed with CBD products.
When Should I Consider Taking More Gummies?
When taking any CBD product, including gummies, the required dose varies depending on several factors.
If you’re taking CBD to improve your energy levels and concentration, then you’ll usually be taking a low dose. If you’re taking it to aid with sleep, reduce anxiety, or alleviate chronic pain, you’ll typically be on a higher dose.
You should always start off by taking a low dose to see how your body reacts to CBD. If you feel the effects strongly after a low dose, then you shouldn’t take any more gummies until the effects have started to wear off.
If you don’t feel the effects of a low dose, or the effects are weak, then you will need to increase the dose by taking another gummy. You will probably have to experiment with the dosage in this way for a while until you find what works for you.
If your gummies have been prescribed by a doctor, then stick to the dosage that they recommend.
What Are The Side Effects Of CBD Gummies?
So, we’ve taken a look at how long CBD gummies last and some tips for taking them, but are there any negative side effects?
As with taking any ingestable product, there is a chance that you’ll experience some negative side effects.
Fortunately, this is relatively rare with CBD and most users report experiencing positive effects.
Two of the more common side effects of CBD are dry mouth and drowsiness. If you experience either of these, then try reducing your dosage. If you’re taking CBD gummies to aid with sleep, then drowsiness is actually a desired effect. So, just make sure that you take your gummies shortly before going to bed.
You can also alleviate the effects of a dry mouth by chewing gum and drinking plenty of water.
There are some more serious side effects that have been reported by some users. These include changes in behavior or mood and headaches. If you do experience any of these side effects then you should immediately stop taking CBD and consult a doctor.
As mentioned, negative side effects are rare when taking CBD gummies. Once you get your dosage right, the experience should be overwhelmingly positive.
How To Take CBD Gummies For The Best Results?
Aside from finding the right dosage, there are certain things you can do to ensure you get the best results from your gummies.
- Take your CBD gummy with a high-fat meal: Before taking a CBD edible, consider having a high-fat meal. This often helps the effects of CBD to last longer, as CBD is oil- and fat-soluble. If you take CBD on an empty stomach, the rates of absorption are usually lower than when you take it on a full stomach.
- Ensure your gummies are third-party lab-tested: When purchasing CBD gummies, check that they’ve been third-party lab-tested. This means they’ll be good quality and will do what they’re supposed to.
- Buy from a reputable CBD brand: Always buy your gummies from a CBD brand that has positive reviews and a good reputation. This way, you’ll know that the CBD product you’re buying is of sufficient quality and will give you the best results.
- Check the expiration date: CBD products start to deteriorate fairly quickly once they’ve gone past their expiration date. Before taking gummies, make sure that they haven’t expired to get the best results.
What are full-spectrum CBD gummies?
Full-spectrum CBD gummies are gummies that contain full-spectrum CBD. Full-spectrum CBD is a product that contains CBD, small amounts of THC (usually less than 0.3%), and other cannabis plant extracts such as terpenes. This is different from broad-spectrum CBD which doesn’t contain any THC but does contain other cannabis plant extracts as well as CBD.
Do all CBD gummies contain CBD isolate?
No, not all CBD gummies contain CBD isolate. CBD isolate gummies only contains CBD whereas other types of gummies, such as broad-spectrum gummies, also contain other extracts from the cannabis plant.
Can I drink alcohol with CBD?
It’s generally best to avoid drinking alcohol if you’ve taken CBD. Both are known to cause drowsiness and when combined, can increase this effect. At high doses, both CBD and alcohol carry the possibility of liver damage.
However, there is some evidence that CBD use can actually help to protect the body against the effects of excessive alcohol use.